Q: Clicking when gas pedal pressed very slightly

asked by on November 30, 2016

Hi there I have a problem that I noticed for couple of weeks now , whenever I press the gas pedal at low RPMS I hear this clicking nosie coming from front of the vehicle only happens at local roads when the speed is below 60km an hour and below 1600 RPMS I did oil change recently that change it at all the clicking nosie sounds like the engine is misfiring but I really don't know I say that based on what I researched on the internet

Hello. The symptoms you describe can be caused by a few different things. If it appears that the noise only occurs at low speeds when accelerating then it may be possible that something is loose or worn. A worn motor mount, control arm, or axle can all cause these sorts of symptoms. It may also be possible that the noise is related to the engine itself, however a close inspection would be required to determine if this might be the case. As noises can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, due to the wide range of sounds that are a normal part of engine operation, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the cause of the vehicle.