Q: Clicking noise behind hazard button - 2000 Saturn LS1

My Saturn has a clicking noise that I constantly hear from behind the hazard button. It will stop when I turn on the turn signal. And as soon as I am done turning and pushing the lever the noise starts up again. The noise will also stop when I push on the hazard button. Does this mean I need to replace something or is my wiring having problems? How can this be fixed?

A: This sounds like the Turn Signal/Hazard War...

This sounds like the Turn Signal/Hazard Warning flasher unit is failing internally. Electronically, the flashing function for each is integrated into this single unit. I would check to see if any lights are flashing when the turn signal or hazard warning functionality are NOT invoked. If so, this is a safety issue, and the flasher unit should be replaced immediately. If there is no "false" turn/hazard flash of lights, and the turn signal/hazard warning flashes the appropriae lights when desired, it is still likely the flasher unit is failing, and should be checked out by a professional, like a certified technician from YourMechanic who can diagnose your vehicle's wiring and perform a safety inspection.