Q: Clicking in exhaust system

A little while ago, I started hearing metallic sorts of clicking noises when I go around corners. It also seems to happen when I'm going around a corner, stopping hard, or accelerating fast. It's almost like a rock or something sliding around in the exhaust, and it's not all the time. What might cause this?

• If you are hearing clicking noises when you go around corners, it is likely that this sound is a result of having a bad axle.

• A loose suspension part, like a lower ball joint or sway bar link could also be causing the clicking noises that you hear.

• It is also possible that some of the material that is in the catalytic converter has broken and is sliding around in your exhaust pipe.

I would suggest that you have your brakes, steering and suspension inspected by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Clicking in exhaust system