My Chevy suburban 1500 is making some grind noise trying ...

My Chevy suburban 1500 is making some grind noise trying to move it forward or backwards like if something stock Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy? 2000 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixin...

My Chevy suburban 1500 is making some grind noise trying to move it forward or backwards like if something stock Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy? 2000 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far? I'm going to have a mechanic this morning look at it so far I put more transmission fluid but no fix it was a little low Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed? Not sure barely bought it six months ago Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? No nothing that I can think at this time

Automotive Expert
Hi I'm Bart. I'll be glad to help you today. If you could send a video of the noise I should be able to help you with diagnosing it.

Ok all go to my SUV and check All have to ask someone to record the noise as I move it back and forth Ward
Automotive Expert
Perfect.

That's the noiseVideo is sending
Automotive Expert
Ok waiting for it.

VZW: You have been sent a large media attachment. Tap the link below to view it. https://www.vzmessages.com/vl/f06769aab46ac3ef39d1796ef2e071b2381d6b32
Automotive Expert
Got the link. Waiting for it download.

Ok
Automotive Expert
Is your vehicle 4x4?
Automotive Expert
That sounds like the transfer case has failed.

Oh ok thanks
Automotive Expert
You're welcome.