My car is throwing a P0302 which i know is a cylinder 2 m...

My car is throwing a P0302 which i know is a cylinder 2 misfire i replaced [spark plug](/topics-spark-plug-chevy/) wires coil pack and now spark plugs with no luck any other suggestions? Mechanic's Assistant: How many mile...

My car is throwing a P0302 which i know is a cylinder 2 misfire i replaced [spark plug](/topics-spark-plug-chevy/) wires coil pack and now spark plugs with no luck any other suggestions? Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the Chevrolet? Is it a steady misfire? Or random? Less than 50k is a 2015 camaro ss and its a steady misfire and i can smell unburnt gas so it leads me to believe its not igniting Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Spark yourself? What have you tried so far? Replaced spark plug wires the coil pack for the cylinder and just installed brand new spark plugs with no luck Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? From what ive read its pretty common but on my dash it says stabilitrak needs serviced

Automotive Expert
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I'm Paul, And happy to help you with your question today. because you replaced the plug and coil I would suspect you have carbon on the valves causing the misfire. You should also have the intake checked for any vacuum leaks. if the misfire is constant you may also have an issue with the wiring to the coil from the computer or the computer itself. Best place to start would be to have the TSB below performed to clean carbon from the valves. [https://peapull.com/o/1609871366.pdf](https://peapull.com/o/1609871366.pdf) If you need more help just reply, and let me know. Thank you, Paul

because i dont currently have a shop to work in and i am a mechanic just not overly experienced is this something that i can do or does it have a lot of disassemble?
Automotive Expert
it requires the special equipment to perform the decarbon so you would be bringing it in for that.

my issue with that is is im stationed in Germany and dont know of anywhere that does this kind of work let alone getting the car there without paying an arm and a leg
Automotive Expert
normally a fuel injection cleaning should clean the valves but they must use the equipment that goes straight into the fuel rail. you can call around to see who does this type of service you can also ignore the phone call prompt from the site as that is automatic

i figured lol but with this misfire i havent been driving it all but what would you say the farthest distance i could drive it would be without damage?
Automotive Expert
depends on if its constant or not. can you feel it stumbling? if it appears to run smooth but just setting the code you can drive it without much worry but if the misfire is heavy enough to damage the [catalytic converter](/topics-catalytic-converter-chevy/) the [engine](/topics-engine-chevy/) light will flash

its a heavy stumble to the point the car almost shuts off at idle
Automotive Expert
ok so you can damage the converter. I would bring it in to have compression checked to see if the valves are sticking or carboned. yes if its a heavy miss you need to address it right away.

okay im gonna make some calls in the morning thank you for the help
Automotive Expert
No problem