Q: Q: "Check fuel inlet"

My check engine light came on displaying this issue I look online it seems to be an easy fix however the mechanic told me that I can only get it repaired at a ford dealership . is this true . base on my research they will try too charge me a arm and a leg to replace a $30 piece and then sell me on a engine flush. What can I do

Hello. The "check fuel inlet" message displays when the computer detects an issue with the vehicles EVAP system. The EVAP system is an emissions system that collects gasoline fumes from the gas tank and recirculates them into the engine for for use as fuel. This system includes the fuel tank, and a series of lines, valves, and sensors that operate the system. The system is sealed and if the computer detects a drop in pressure, usually caused by a leak in the system it will set off this message to notify the driver of the issue. The most common cause of this is an issue with the fuel cap, or fuel filler neck, however other things can also cause this. It could be potentially as simple of a fix as replacing the fuel cap, or as complicated as finding a vacuum leak. A proper diagnosis would be required to determine what the case may be. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one form YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the exact cause of the warning message.

3. Q: "Check fuel inlet"