Q: Check Engine Light is on with code P0453 - 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Pulling a PO 453 code.

Could the cause be the pressure sensor on top of the fuel pump assembly Car runs fine, I did install a new gas cap

A: Hello. Most of the time, when this code com...

Hello. Most of the time, when this code comes up, it is either caused by a leak in the EVAP system or a failure of the sensor. Typically, the issue is the sensor itself not reading correctly. I will usually do a smoke test first of the EVAP system just to make sure that there are not any leaks.

If there are any leaks, then those need to be fixed. If there are no leaks, then the sensor itself needs to be replaced. If you are looking to have this code fixed, consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to determine why the Check Engine Light is coming on.