Q: Check charging System light

So this morning my wife was driving are Explorer and the check charging system light begin to flash rapidly and make a beeping noise. She was able to drive the car home and I took it to Advanced Auto to have them test the battery. They told me the battery was fine and to Simply reset the computer. So I reset the computer and drove to work but before I reached work my battery died leaving me stranded on the side of the road. I had a friend come pick me up, we pulled the battery and took it to a different Auto store and they told me the battery was still okay it just needed charged. So what are my options if my battery is good does this mean it's a clear indication that my alternator needs to be replaced and maybe the serpentine belt while I'm at it?

The most common cause for the charging system light coming on is going to be the alternator. The battery is going dead due to the charging system is not recharging it and battery will go dead. In order to properly test the alternator the battery would need to be recharged and the system can then be tested for not charging. A mechanic like one from YourMechanic can come to you and test and if needed replace alternator. The belt can be replaced at the same time.

3. Check charging System light