Q: Changine transmission fluid on a Honda Civic

2012 Honda Civic. Looking to change transmission fuid. Is there a filter that needs to be changed? If so, where is it located? Thanks.

Nobody really changes this filter. There is one, but the transmission filter is more or less a screen and it is located inside of the transmission. Hondas are not like Toyotas, Fords, or Chevies. They don’t have a transmission pan. In order to change the transmission filter, you would have to pull the transmission off the car and take it completely apart. It is a seven-and-a-half hour labor job. I know because I looked it up for a guy the other day and he said "No thanks I will just leave it alone and only change the fluid," which is what we did.