Q: Changed ignition switch now car will not start

Changed ignition switch now car will not start and stay running. Shuts off after a few seconds.

3. Changed ignition switch now car will not start

Q: oil pump drive

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1993 Pontiac Grand Prix. The pump is self priming. If the red Oil Pressure Warning Light is not on, there is sufficient oil pressure. When engines are assembled, the oiling system is...

Q: Top radiator hose is cold while the lower is hot

You may be correct that the thermostat is stuck closed. One way to test a thermostat is to put it in a pot of water and bring the water temperature up to the thermostat opening temperature. This is imprinted on...

Q: Why is my car stalling when I try and start it?

While the condition of your cooling system is certainly not healthy, it may or may not be related to the stalling issue. It is possible that due to the condition of the coolant, or merely coincidence, the coolant temperature sensor...