Q: Changed ignition switch now car will not start

Changed ignition switch now car will not start and stay running. Shuts off after a few seconds.

Hi there:

It really depends on why you changed the ignition switch as to why you’re vehicle is not starting now. If the vehicle was not starting before, it’s possible that the ignition switch was not the damaged component. If it was starting before, a faulty electrical connection; (typically an exposed wire or shorted ground wire) can cause this issue to occur after an ignition switch replacement. It’s also possible (especially if the battery wasn’t removed) that the relay was damaged during the replacement. You might want to inspect these areas or contact a professional mobile mechanic to complete a car is hard to start inspection.

3. Changed ignition switch now car will not start