Q: cars dies while driving. it will usually start back within a few minutes but will dies again shortly after. 2007 Mercury Mountaineer

my car dies while driving at any speed. It will usually start back soon after.

Hi there. The first thing I would do is check for diagnostic trouble codes. Your ignition and/or fuel system is intermittently cutting off. If any codes are present, that could give you a clue as to which components are faulty. There are many possibilities for this to occur so I would need more details to help get an accurate picture of what happens. Some common problems for this include: a bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, or dirty sensors. If you need help having this scoped out, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the stalling issue and guide you through repairs.

3. cars dies while driving. it will usually start back within a few minutes but will dies again shortly after. 2007 Mercury Mountaineer