Q: cars dies while driving. it will usually start back within a few minutes but will dies again shortly after. 2007 Mercury Mountaineer

my car dies while driving at any speed. It will usually start back soon after.

A: Hi there. The first thing I would do is che...

Hi there. The first thing I would do is check for diagnostic trouble codes. Your ignition and/or fuel system is intermittently cutting off. If any codes are present, that could give you a clue as to which components are faulty. There are many possibilities for this to occur so I would need more details to help get an accurate picture of what happens. Some common problems for this include: a bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, or dirty sensors. If you need help having this scoped out, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the stalling issue and guide you through repairs.