Q: Q: Car wont start

Have a remote start crime stopper anti theft alarm in car i hit remote start started car went to get in didnt shut off so i restarted on top of it running and it shut it down wobt start back up

When it comes to aftermarket alarm systems, most technicians haven’t had a lot of experience with them. I personally have spent much time removing them from cars when they become troublesome. Most systems hide a simple relay under the dash to perform their magic. This may be the last resort for you if this alarm begins causing you problems.

It does sound as if you have tripped the alarm in some fashion, though. With many systems, if it has been connected to the door lock solenoids, putting the key in the door and locking and unlocking it at least two times will often reset it. In some cases, disconnecting the battery, turning the ignition to the run position and reconnecting the battery while the ignition is on will reset it. Of course this is if the alarm is what is keeping the car from starting.

When it comes to aftermarket alarm installations, it’s impossible to know what the installer did when it was installed. The alarm could be installed into the fuel system, starter motor system and or ignition system. All of these systems are integral to theft deterrent. Because of this, it’s unlikely that I can be of more help to you here, because I don’t know how yours was installed.

Here is the number to call Crime Stopper for more help. 1-800-998-6880

Try the key and battery procedures first.

Good luck!

3. Q: Car wont start