Q: car wont start.

checked the spark plugs, fuel still no start replaced the timing chain and the tensioner as well as the timing solenoids still not getting compression. starter and belt are turning

Hello, thank you for writing in. Low or no compression in the cylinders can be cause by several issues. If the starter is turning too slowly, the air is able to escape through the gaps in the piston rings, and any other minor flaws in the system. If you had your starter bench tested, keep in mind these tests do not load test the starter, but only test its ability to spin freely. Do not completely rule out the starter if it is not turning as quickly as it would new. Another test that is harder to do with the average tools is to test the intake manifold vacuum. If it is low, there is likely a vacuum leak somewhere in the intake system. For more help diagnosing the issue, contact our service department.