Q: Car wont go above 4k rpm when my foot is down but goes above 4k when i release it a bit

Hello sir, im out of options on the car. I have a 94 4runner 3vze engine with 249k miles. It doesnt accelerate on uphill roads and just stays at 30mph. But on flat roads it accelerates okay. It cant go up 4k rpm when my foot is down but when i release it a bit the rpm goes up. I changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, mass airflow sensor, distributor cap and rotor. I dont have any CEL on.

Hello. Most of the time when this occurs it is due to a few things. I usually start by checking the exhaust. Most of the time this is caused by a restriction in the exhaust caused by a failing catalytic converter. This sounds like the issue. If the converter is failing then it will need to be replaced. If the converter is fine then I check the timing belt. If the timing belt is loose or worn out then this can occur also. If you are trying to find this issue with your vehicle, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why it is losing power] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/loss-of-power-inspection

3. Car wont go above 4k rpm when my foot is down but goes above 4k when i release it a bit