Q: Car won't start occasionally

My car has random difficulty starting up. It happens once in 15 days on average. When the issue happens, the car sounds like it would turn over but it doesn't. It occasionally starts up when I wait a bit and try again. Also, if I jump the battery, the car would start. I took the car to the shop, but at this point, they cannot diagnose the issue as it happens occasionally. I had the battery replaced, changed the oil and tuned it up. Do you have any suggestions what I should do? Thank you.

A: Hello. It sounds like there may be an inter...

Hello. It sounds like there may be an intermittent problem with the starter. A solenoid is located on the starter and it is possible that there is a bad spot on the solenoid that is preventing the car from starting reliably. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can inspect your vehicle's starting issues. Our mechanics are mobile and can provide this inspection at your home or office.