Q: Car won't start every time oil needs changing

I have some engine problems with my car. It gets sluggish, stutters and jumps every time the oil needs to be changed according to the computer. Now, when this has happened, I cannot start the car at all. It happened before and the car ran roughly, but when I changed the oil, it ran smoothly without any issues. Is this normal? Is there any underlying issue with the car that is causing this?

A: This sounds to me like a possible computer ...

This sounds to me like a possible computer issue. I have never heard of an engine that runs rough just because it needs the oil changed. This could possibly be a driver inside the powertrain control module that is malfunctioning and this malfunction could be triggered by the "Change Oil Soon Warning". I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified mechanic to test the powertrain control module for proper function. If the powertrain control module has a malfunction, it is likely that many other electrical malfunctions could soon follow. With this in consideration, it would be best to replace the ECM sooner rather than later. If you want to have this verified, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your car’s starting issue and determine what repairs are necessary.