Q: car won't start.

1997 Saturn SC2. About two weeks ago, the car won't start. When you turn the key, it turns over and cranks, but does not start. Took it to a mechanic, they replaced the fuel pump, but still won't start. They said it might be the ignition module, but they ca't get the part from the dealer, because its discontinued. I bought an aftermarket part and also the crank sensor. I wanted to know is there anything else to look at? I wanted to get those two things replaced and see if it works.

When a vehicle will not start it needs three things. It needs proper air/fuel mix and compression then ignition to ignite the mixture. If any one is missing or is not correct, it will not start and run. With this vehicle the ignition module, coils, and crank sensor can cause no spark. Start by replacing the crank sensor, then the module and coils. If you would like a diagnosis before replacing parts, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the starting issue.

3. car won't start.