Q: Hubcaps always falling off, is this common?

The hubcaps that came with my 2007 Nissan Versa from the factory have been in bad shape for the last 10,000 miles or so. I am only at 69,000 miles now and one hubcap has fallen off, with another barely clinging on. Not sure why I don’t just take them all off, that would look better at this point. I am not impressed with the disregard for quality here. What is a cheap way to make my car not look like garbage?

The hub caps on your vehicle are plastic and the tabs that engage the rim to hold them on tend to break off easy and the rim may come off when driving or will not stay on at all. The plastic hub caps from the dealer are expensive and you could find four new aftermarket hubcaps for the price of one new OEM from the dealer. Check for four new ones as a set that match your liking. Some aftermarket hubcaps can be much better quality than the factory ones. You could choose ones that look the same or similar to the factory ones or choose some that are totally different.

3. Hubcaps always falling off, is this common?