Q: Car will only go if you slowly press the pedal for a slow take off 1986 Oldsmobile Delta 88

The car will only take off slowly but if you press the pedal to the floor it doesn't take off like its supposed too I'm confused and can someone please tell me what this possible could be but after you go it's drives perfect it's just the initial take off

Hi there - most likely, your hesitation is caused by either the manifold air pressure sensor or the throttle position sensor failing. Whichever is malfunctioning is not sending a signal to the engine computer to indicate the accelerator pedal is being pressed rapidly. Check for problem codes first - this will help confirm the correct diagnosis. I recommend an engine hesitation inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Car will only go if you slowly press the pedal for a slow take off 1986 Oldsmobile Delta 88