Q: Car will not start

The vehicle took 2 tries to crank this morning. While going down the road the radio cut off and went completely blank as I the lighta, all dash lights were off, after all few minutes while driving I felt a jumping in the car, car started slowing down even though I have not let off gas, come to a red light and it cuts off and won't start back up, all I hear when I try is fast clicking. I know one battery terminal is old but I not sure if that is the issue.

A: Hello. It sounds like the battery died whil...

Hello. It sounds like the battery died while you were driving. This will occur if there is a bad battery terminal or it may be caused by a bad alternator. If the alternator was not charging the battery then the battery will die causing all of these issues. I usually load test the battery first and if it is bad then I replace it. Once the battery is good and if the battery terminal is good then I start the vehicle and test the alternator which sounds like it has failed. If you want to have your vehicle checked, a YourMechanic certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose why your vehicle won't start.