Q: Car takes several tries before starting - Why?

Why does my car take 3 or 4 tries before starting? It's an old car.

Thx

3. Car takes several tries before starting - Why?

Q: Hi my belts squeels randomly when I turn my car on. Today for the first time while I was driving it started to squeel, what could

Noise of that type is often due to a failed or failing bearing in one of the pulleys or accessories (e.g., alternator, water pump, A/C compressor) that is driven by the serpentine belt, the belt is not properly tensioned, or...

Q: Q: Gears won't shift

If the gears are seizing, and the transmission will not shift, it is possible that there may be some sort of electrical or mechanical problem. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the vehicle's...

Q: Q: Brakes hard to press

If this is not related to any vacuum leaks, the next place to check would be the brake booster itself. As you press the brake pedal down, a shaft inside the brake booster moves forward into a diaphragm, which separates...