Q: Car suddenly died when I stopped at intersection, when I tried turning it on it started shaking, checkenginelight on.

Car was driving fine and then when I stopped at an intersection it died. When I tried turning it back on the check engine light came on and the engine was shaking. I inspected the oil level - it was fine. There was plenty of gas in the tank. The air filter housing all looked fine, all hoses were connected. I tried to turn the car on again; same thing. Car turned on but started shaking, check engine light came on, and it died.

A: Hi there. The engine dying, shaking upon re...

Hi there. The engine dying, shaking upon restart and check engine light coming on, more than likely, are all related to a low fuel pressure situation. The fuel pump may have failed. A fuel pressure test would confirm the lack of fuel pressure and diagnostic steps should be performed to confirm the fuel pump failure. There are numerous possibilities and proper diagnoses is required to avoid unnecessary repairs. Accessing the ECM (engine control module)/computer for trouble codes may help direct the diagnoses. I recommend having your vehicle’s engine starts, shakes and dies be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.