Q: Car stuck in 3rd gear

Hello, I recently replaced my input and output sensors on my transmission to help with codes p0500 and p0501. Later that day when I drove my car around it started jumping and was stuck in third gear. I checked my codes and p0760 and p0765 came up. I checked that they are for the solenoids in the transmission but it's strange that they would both act up at the same time? Would the fix be different than changing the solenoids? Would a replacement TCM be the fix as well?

Hi there. When a professional mechanic is hired to diagnose a problem, the trouble code(s) are only one part of the complete inspection. In many cases, the codes, like the P0760 code you’ve listed, indicate a possible source of a problem, ranging form the sensor that picked up the error, the harness connected to the sensor, the oil surrounding the sensor or other components inside the system where the sensor is installed. The best way to have a symptom of a stuck gear diagnosed is by having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection.

3. Car stuck in 3rd gear