Q: Car stopped working - 2002 Dodge Stratus

I was driving on the highway at about 75 to 85 and out of nowhere my car stopped running. It just sounded like something let out. I pulled on the side of the road and as soon as I stopped completely, everything started to dim. I purchase and brand new battery after and nothing happened.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hello there, many faults will cause your 20...

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2002 Dodge Stratus to die while running and not restart. There two types of problems that will cause this, they are either electrical, or fuel-related. Common fuel problems are the fuel pump, fuel filter, or a wiring fault to the fuel pump. It could also be from electrical problems that can cause this are the battery, alternator, ignition switch, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your car dying while running problem and perform any repairs required.