Q: Car starting sometimes, sometimes have to jump, speedometer and tach working but all other gauges not working 2003 GMC Yukon

Car starts sometimes , sometimes have to jump. Speedometer and tach working, all other guages not working. Speakers for radio not working either.

My car has an automatic transmission. It is a 2003 GMC Yukon

Hi there - check fuses first, but it sounds like you might have a problem with your digital dash, and possibly a wiring issue that is draining your battery overnight. The lack of gauge function is is a high failure rate circuit board issue, but there are rebuilder service companies out there that specialize in this work. The battery drain issue maybe be a different problem, but can be tracked down as well. This problem can be diagnosed by connecting an ammeter to the positive (red) battery cable, observe the current drain (likely less than 1 amp), then, one at a time, remove each fuse, check to see if the current drain has dropped to near 0, then reinsert the fuse. This process should identify the faulty circuit in most cases. The specific components on that circuit can then be checked for current drain problems. A professional mechanic, like YourMechanic, can come to your location, and perform this procedure for you, and replace/repair the failing component.

3. Car starting sometimes, sometimes have to jump, speedometer and tach working but all other gauges not working 2003 GMC Yukon