Q: Car started. I turned it off. When I came back 5 minutes later to start it, it clicks once and nothing else happens.

When I try to turn the key over I get one loud click. I just put a new battery in and it turned over fine 5 minutes before it wouldn't turn over again. The ignition switch is new too.

A: Hi there: Usually the single loud click as...

Hi there:

Usually the single loud click as you turn the ignition is an indicator of a starter that is having difficulty engaging to the flywheel. However this could be an issue with a starter relay, a faulty ignition relay or multiple electrical harnesses that might be faulty. To know for certain, you should have a mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection; so they can narrow the root source of your starting issues and recommend the right repairs.