Q: Car stalls when coming to a stop

The tranny had to be replaced in my niece's SUV. She had been having shifting problems and the gears wouldn't engage, etc. What an expense for her!!! (I helped her of course). Anyway... now it stalls when she stops at a red light or stop sign. It also jerks when she slows down. What should I tell her that it needs so her car can be fixed properly?

This sounds like an airflow issue. Either the intake air is not being measured properly on deceleration, or the throttle is not adjusting air properly (i.e. the throttle motor or position sensor). Fault codes should be read out of the engine computer to see if there are any other issues that could cause the stalling and stumbling on deceleration. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the testing equipment and expertise to diagnose your stalling issue and correct it.