Q: Q: Car stalling.

I replaced icm and Coil's crank sensor plugs wires and, the car still stalls when it gets hot, what else can be wrong?

You have definitely covered some of the obvious possibilities. Most of the time the ICM would fix this problem. There are a few other things that can do this. Bad connections at connectors and the PCM to start. But I would not run out and swap these parts just yet.

I would connect a scanner and watch all the data, record the data and go for a test drive to recreate the problem. Keep in mind, a scanner isn’t the same as a code reader that the local parts store uses to scan for codes. Most of the time, this method will reveal the failure when it gets hot, but not always.

In the most difficult cases, I connect a fuel gauge and tape the gauge to the windshield to watch what it does. I also have a noid light and spark tester at the ready. If your not aware, a noid light is used to check for injector pulse from the PCM. Once I got it to fail and hopefully figure out what is missing when it dies, I would take appropriate steps to figure out why. If it’s fuel pressure, I make sure the fuel pump is getting power from the relay. Relays can fail when hot just like an ICM. If it doesn’t have injector pulse, I would suspect the PCM, but I would test the PCM at the PCM. This could easily be a wiring problem in a harness.

The main thing that has to happen next, is to figure out what is missing when it dies by utilizing the tools that best test each system. If you’d like to get this fixed, get some help from a professional mechanic who can perform these checks to accurately diagnose your stalling problem. Once this is done, the necessary repairs can then be made.

Good luck.

3. Q: Car stalling.