Q: Car smells like gas

My car smells like gas. A shop requested that we replace the gas tank.

If the tank is leaking then it needs to be replaced. Most of the time though, the gas tank is not the issue. Is is usually when the outlet for the fuel pump cracks and causes the leak. The tank would need to be lowered to find the actual leak. If the tank is fractured then it needs to be replaced. If you are going to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to find the leak and repair it.

3. Car smells like gas