Q: Car shut down and won't start

My car was knocking while driving. Then it shut down and wouldn't start back up.

A: Unfortunately, what you describe doesn'...

Unfortunately, what you describe doesn't sound good. My guess is that the noise you heard was a rod bearing, or other failed internal engine part. Continuing to drive the vehicle in that condition likely caused your engine to seize, which is why it will no longer start. However, before we jump to that conclusion, I suggest you have a trained professional inspect the cause of your engine not starting. The team at YourMechanic are an excellent option because we make house calls.