Car seized while driving and won't start but engine turns...

Q: Car seized while driving and won't start but engine turns over

asked by on October 29, 2017

While I was driving my car tonight it suddenly died slowly. The power steering quit and when i pumped the gas pedal the engine wouldn't rev. All my indicator lights came on as well. I immediately pulled it over and shut off the car. I checked the oil and it was low so I added oil and then tried to start the car. The engine will turn over but won't start. All lights work, as well as radio and my hazard lights were quite bright.

I was worried the engine had seized due to low oil but as it is attempting to turn over that wouldn't be the case.

If the engine had seized because of low oil, you would have heard some excessive engine noise and probably had some overheating as well. In the absence of those signs, your problem may even be something minor. But knowing that the car slowed down and finally stalled is not much for me to go on. It would be best for you to have someone check this thing out to keep from spending a lot of money o parts that you don’t need. The good news is that you can have that conveniently done by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your stalled Nissan and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.