Q: Battery dead truck wont start after alarm being messed with.

Kids were touching all the alarm buttons on side door of truck a few days later was told about it from dumb sitter and now truck wont start battery completely dead charged it started then went back to as if alarm was silently going off lights flashing and clicking noises. Battery completely dies now and was told to disconnect and reconnect did that n after battery charged finally truck wouldn't start and was saying failsafe mode ...now battery dead again not holding charge and still flickering lights as if alarm malfunctioning ..could it be the battery is old cuz it does say 2011 or whats going on i'm lost please help.

A: With all the playing around, the battery go...

With all the playing around, the battery going dead more than once, and it being over 5 years old, I would try replacing the battery first.

After the battery is replaced, lock all the doors and then unlock the vehicle with a remote or door keypad if you have one equipped. Next, using an original key, see if it will start. If it doesn't then the vehicle may have locked you out. In this case, only a WDS scan tester at a dealer can regain access to the passive anti-theft system for you. Unfortunately this would mean that you'll need to tow it to a dealer.

If you decide to get this fixed or would like a second opinion on this, get the car looked at by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. A mechanic can perform these checks to properly diagnose your dead battery and fix it accordingly.