Q: Car runs til I hit breaks without a battery

My battery died. And I jumped it with another car. So I got in it and got ready to move it out of the way and when I hit the brakes it died and the battery was still dead

A: It is possible that you removed the jumper ...

It is possible that you removed the jumper cables too soon. Many times batteries can be so discharged that they can die even after starting the vehicle.

I would recommend jumpstarting it again and keeping the cables on for a minute or two. then once this is done the vehicle should be able to move. If the vehicle does not move, it is possible that your alternator or battery have failed.

If either one of these are the case, I would recommend having your charging system inspected by a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to determine the cause of this issue.