Q: Car ran out of fuel, put $10 in but still can not start it??

As above Not starting

When running the fuel pump and fuel delivery system dry, several things can happen. One of which, is the fuel pump may pick up debris that collects in the bottom on your fuel tank over the years. This can clog and or restrict the amount of fuel getting to your filter and to the injectors. Secondly, the debris can make its way into the fuel filter and clog the filter. You may want to start by replacing your fuel filter, depending on how long it has been since you did that. You can also burn out the fuel pump. These pumps work very hard, every second the vehicle is running. If they are close to the end of their lifespan, running them dry can burn them out. The only option is to replace the fuel pump (sometimes referred to as a fuel module). Technically your issue could be something else related to these components, but the likelihood isn’t very high. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace your fuel pump