Q: Car overheats

My car is overheating. I think it's the water pump or timing belt.

Hello. It is possible that you are having a problem with your timing belt. However, if the timing belt has broken and the van won’t run at all because it will be out of time. It is also possible that the water pump is leaking causing your car to overheat. There are some other parts of the cooling system that also could be causing your car to overheat such as: the heater core, thermostat, or radiator. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, should complete a diagnosis of your coolant system to determine what repairs are necessary to fix your overheating issue.