Q: Car overheating

The radiator and thermostat were replaced, and now the car is overheating.

This could be a faulty water pump, a coolant leak, or even something as simple as an air bubble trapped in the cooling system. Please note: the engine needs to be cold, and the system not pressurized, before anyone makes any cooling system checks, in order to avoid burns or injury. The coolant level needs to be checked, then the water pump circulation needs to be checked, to ensure that coolant is being circulated through the engine. If coolant level is low, a cooling system pressure test should be done to ensure there are no leaks in the system. If coolant is not circulating, then the water pump most likely needs to be replaced. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the expertise and equipment to diagnose and repair your overheating issue.