Q: Car overheating

My car continues to overheat. Even in descent temperatures. It has proper coolant levels, replaced thermostat, replaced water pump, all the usual culprits. I have no idea what else it could be. I'm afraid I will blow a head gasket if I do not get the problem fixed soon. Also when it overheats and forces the coolant to spew out of the hose attached to the thermostat. Any advice would help, thank you in advance

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. One of the...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. One of the more frequent causes of engine overheating issues with newer cars, trucks and SUV's is due to a damaged coolant temperature sensor. Although this is more of a sensor to trigger the check engine light, it also works to control the thermostat. If you're not getting the warning light indicator, check the coolant temperature sensor or download any error codes with a digital scanner. It might be advised to contact one of our local ASE certified mechanics to find the source of your problem, as it could definitely lead to a blown head gasket.