Q: Car not staying started

After my car sat for six weeks without being started, it would only stay running for less than a minute. I started it twice, but then stopped since I don't want to run my injectors dry.

A: Hi there. Diesel fuel systems can be temper...

Hi there. Diesel fuel systems can be temperamental, so that is where I would start. Lack of fuel pressure, contaminants or air in the system can cause the symptoms you are having. The water/fuel separator may need to be serviced and the fuel system primed. If it's cold where you are, diesel fuel can also gel in temperatures less than 20 degrees fahrenheit. Problems with the fuel heater could contribute to gelling. The intake manifold heater could also be the culprit as it aids in cold starting. A trained professional, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the stalling issue and repair your truck firsthand.