Q: Car not starting

The issue with my car is that its not starting I can put the key in and it will turn over and everything comes on such as the lights radio etc but it dosent start when I turn my key it sounds as if it wants to start but it dosent crank up to start

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello there. If your Nissan Altima will crank over, meaning the starter is engaging, but it won’t start, it’s either due to a fuel or ignition system problem. Some common components that cause this issue are a damaged mass air flow sensor, idle control valve or simply a dirty throttle body and fuel injectors on the fuel side. A faulty ignition coil, crankshaft or cam position sensor or distributor cap / rotor can also be the source. Since there are multiple possible sources, it’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection.

3. Car not starting