Q: Car not starting and AC making a loud sound

My car will not start, though I think it is probably the battery. Additionally, the air conditioner makes a loud sound when it is on, and the car jerks sometimes when being driven.

The battery should be fully charged and then load tested to see if it is indeed faulty. The AC compressor needs to be checked for normal operation, also a set of AC gauges placed on the system and a performance check run. Fault codes should be read out of the engine computer to see if there are any faults relating to the rough running condition. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who has the equipment and expertise to diagnose your car not starting and loud AC noises.