Need to speak w/mechanic

Need to speak w/mechanic ...

Need to speak w/mechanic

Took vehicle in for oil change and intermittent rough idle. Tech found dirty throttle body and cleaned it. Tech mentioned vehicle was a bit slow to turn over & asked if I'd had a problem, I had not. Drove hone with no issues. Tried to start, no crank, no start. Battery checked out OK. Headlights and and radio stay strong. Put key in ignition, just clicks, all dashboard lights come on, but no crank...
Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. I will do my best to help you resolve them. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. That points to a faulty starter. I would need to know the year, make and model and engine size to tell you what you need to check to verify if starter is bad Thanks for using Just Answer and letting me help you. I hope I provided what you needed. If you find more help is still needed, let me know by listing out any remaining questions you have on this concern. I hope the remainder of your day is well.

This is a 2008 Pontiac G6. 2.4 L base engine. Had vehicle on battery charger for 2 hours, battery. Appears to have no alternator issue as headlights and radio stay strong.Declining the phone call. Sent the additional info requested.
Automotive Expert
Hi ok, give me a moment to pull up the schematics HI At the starter, check the purple wire for 12v while key is in crank position. If 12v present, replace the starter.

I will forward this info to my tech, I'm sure he knows what to check for. I've never had a starter go bad, does this normally happen suddenly? Car has started fine despite rough idle, battery OK...is this most likely issue?Again declined the phone call.
Automotive Expert
HI Ignore the phone request. It is automated and I have no control over it. About 50% of the time it will fail without prior symptoms and 50% of the time you will notice the engine dragging as you try to crank it. Hi yes, this is the most likely issue

Thank you...just so I have an idea, anything else to cause this? Vehicle properly maintained. No prior issues with this..solenoid? Going to have towed to shop in AM.
Automotive Expert
HI The starter solenoid is part of the starter. Based upon symptoms, nothing else would cause this

Thank you
Automotive Expert
you are welcome