Q: Car misses and acts like it is losing power while idling

My car misses and cuts out and the lights dim when it misses

Hello. If the engine is turning off then the first thing that must be done is a code check. I usually take my scan tool to see if there are any codes int he computer indicating what is going on. If there are no codes then I start by checking the fuel pressure to see if the pump is bad. If it is fine then I check the spark plugs to see if they are worn. If they are then those can cause this. This engine also has a history of coolant leaking through the intake manifold gasket so that should be checked also. If all of these are fine then it may be a bad air flow sensor or crankshaft position sensor. If you want to have this misfire and stalling issue checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. Car misses and acts like it is losing power while idling