Q: Car may need starter

My car is not starting. It may need a starter. Also, I was told that it needs the cap replaced where you access the oil to change it.

If the key is turned and there is no function and the engine doesn’t try to turn over at all, the interior lights do come on, the starter is a reasonable direction to go in. The engine has a cap for the engine oil and a drain plug. If either is leaking oil, the part must be replaced. Have an experienced technician inspect the starting system for leaks. They will be able to diagnose this issue and come up with the necessary repairs.

3. Car may need starter