Q: Car makes a metal-on-metal noise when in gear

My car will not move when it is in gear. When you shift into park, there is a grinding noise, like metal-on-metal.

A: Hi there. This is a common failure on your ...

Hi there. This is a common failure on your vehicle. This is typically caused by a failure in the forward gear assembly in the transmission. The clutch housing breaks internally and causes this to occur. The transmission would need to be rebuilt or replaced to fix this. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the gear noise your vehicle is encountering.