Q: Car leaks fluid under vehicle

My car is leaking fluid under the vehicle. I was told that I need to replace the compressor, tensioner, recharge, etc. I already replaced the transmission pan, but leaks still show up in the driveway. The rear window defogger no longer works, and I was told that I need to replace the wiring harness. Occasionally, when the ignition key is turned to start, nothing happens.

A: In regards to the leaking transmission afte...

In regards to the leaking transmission after the pan gasket has been changed it may still be leaking from the output seals and/or the torque converter seal, the latter of which would require transmission removal. If on occasion the ignition switch is not working properly, i would suggest the ignition switch has failed. Have one of our mechanics here at YourMechanic do a complete inspection of your vehicle, and give you an honest opinion on what should be fixed now and what can wait.