Q: Car knocking in the wheel area.

The car is making a loud noise in the wheel area, like a knocking, but its not the engine. The noise gets louder as the speed increases, starting at around 45 MPH.

The noise is coming from one or more of the front axles constant velocity joints are bad. I recommend you have a qualified mechanic road test and listen to the noise to verify what the noise is and where it is coming from. This vehicle also has transmissions that could be causing the noise. Only an inspection and road test can verify where the noise is coming from. Then the vehicle can be lifted and inspected underneath.

3. Car knocking in the wheel area.