Q: Car is overheating and smoking, the is coolant low, and there is a rattling noise

Car has been needing constant jumps since the day i got it, dealership said battery was new but it cant be. Now the engine has started being loud when starting the car up going on two days, auto zone told me it wasn't anything serious, but now it is completely dead and started smoking and overheating, car wont start at all, it just ticks when trying to start it. I hope my engine isn't blown.

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle may be experiencing more than one issue. If the vehicle needs to be constantly jumped, then there is likely an issue with the battery or the charging system. I would have the battery tested to see if it is holding a charge and producing the cranking power required for the vehicle. In regards to your smoking and overheating issue, it may be possible that the engine is experiencing, or has experienced, some sort of mechanical issue.

I would check the oil to make sure that it is not low. If it is low, then it may be possible that the engine ran dry and suffered mechanical damage. This could possibly explain the ticking noise, as well as the smoking and overheating. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, determine exactly why the car is overheating and uncover the source of the noise.

3. Car is overheating and smoking, the is coolant low, and there is a rattling noise