Q: Car is overheating - 2005 Dodge Neon

I recently got a new radiator, heater core, thermostat, housing gasket, thermostat, new transmission lines, the car still overheats every 2 weeks if i dont top of the antifreeze. I have had a smoke test ran to see if it was the head gasket but it came back no. If i put my car in park and open the doors im immediately slammed with fuems that smell like antifreeze, but oil is not milky, exhaust is not white, i dont know why it keeps losing antifreeze? No leaks underneath, nothing to explain the loss of antifreeze.

Hello. If the engine is not leaking any coolant and it is still disappearing, then it is more than likely a head gasket. A smoke test will not show a head gasket issue, but a block test would. Even then, some of the time I have to use a four gas analyzer or a cylinder cam to tell if there is an internal leak. The engine would not overheat if everything else was working fine.

If you want to have this overheating problem looked at, consider a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your home or office to determine why the engine is overheating.