Q: Car idling high after engine change.

I installed a new transmission and engine, the car is idling high and once the car warms up, the RPMs go up and down.

3. Car idling high after engine change.

Q: I start the car when it's cold. It starts normal then almost dies then returns to normal idle. Now it hesitates on acceleration.

Hi there. Check the idle air control valve (IAC) and see if its working. The IAC is designed to make the engine run at idle in all climate conditions. Also, check the mass air flow sensor (MAF) and see if...

Q: At red light, engine revved high and lurched forward

Hi. That's a scary situation you were in. I'm glad you didn't get into an accident. Okay, it seems like the new CX5's have been having transmission issues for the past couple years now. Some of the new transmissions have been...

Q: fan for ac/heat doesnt turn on unless i hit a pot hole

The vehicle is equipped with fuses and relays to control any of the electrical circuits. To my understanding, you are referring to the control assembly where you activate the heat and air conditioning. The owner's manual will point out where...