Q: Car has a roaring/humming from the rear wheel wells.

Car has a roaring/humming from the rear wheel wells. Gets louder with speed. No correlation to engine. Just had brake pads replace, so it is not the brakes. Please help. I am thinking it is the bearings?

Yes, wheel bearings are a possibility but tire noise would have to be ruled out. The wheel bearings on the rear of your car are within unitized hub assemblies and replacement is fairly straightforward. To get the bearing(s) inspected, and replaced if failed, please request hub assembly inspection/replacement. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Car has a roaring/humming from the rear wheel wells.